Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Final Drawing

When critiquing our self portraits, a lot of good points were brought up that I had never thought to do before.  Things like try drawing lines on your face with an eyeliner pencil to see where your nose planes are and draw marks on the mirror where your face is so you don’t keep moving it each time you look away.  Also tips like stand far back and sketch the general shape of your face and then move closer or use two mirrors so that you don’t have to make your eyes looking directly at the viewer in your portrait.
It is also a good idea when you think you’ve finished or are getting near the end of a drawing to try looking at it in many ways.  Getting the perspective of your picture in different light is a huge thing.  Going from my dorm room to the class room made a world of difference.  Not for the better.  I am going to re-do my self portrait before I put it in my portfolio.  That’s why it’s not in here.  I thought I was getting better at drawing and started it a buuuuunch of times.  Too bad it didn’t look like me. 
A lesson I learned for drawings I do after this: always write the date on them!  I forget what drawings I’ve done when and they’re all blending together.  Some of them I remembered to date and write the amount of time in class we got to do them.  Now I just need to remember to do it for all of them.
It was kind of sad to just leave Oliver behind in the classroom.  After spending an entire semester together working hard on him, my creation is complete.  I guess the next person who makes a manikin out of the same one I had will be kind of like a reincarnation of Ollie.  What funny little things, those manikins.  I thought it was really funny to see everyone’s standing together like a skeleton army.  It even has a leader.  Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment