Friday, March 4, 2011

Midterm Catch Up

This is my catch up blog to make sure I’ve covered everything I was supposed to.  First off, I thought it was funny I have a page of spines. I guess it’s still art; the beginning stages of learning. Haha.

Here I have some rib cages added onto spines. Lovely little petal-like figures:


At this time, I was having major difficulties getting the length of the torso right. As you can see, it’s super long. Oops. Plus we weren’t including heads (we never have) so I’m not sure why I drew one…? Hmm.
Side note: I really wish I would have written the date on each of these drawings the day I did them. Just to see the progress from specific days. Oh well. Live & learn. I’ve started dating them since. (They’re quite the gentlemen ;) daha)


Here I began to figure out that the rib cage can have a tilt to it! Before then, I had trouble understanding the tilt of it.


Contour lines! Looking at this piece now, it looks like a robo-person. (Everything in life reminds me of a song.. it’s kinda weird. Kanye’s Robo Cop, anyone? Hip hop/ rap = more up my alley) But contour lines… They show change of plane easily and I like that I can get that feeling out of my drawing. I really like an example Professor Fichter showed us of a wooly mammoth. Or was it an ox? Or a bull? Are ox & bull the same thing? Well whatever it was a beastly creature of some sort that was really cool. I would like to find that image again just to look at it.

Looks like we’ve got ourselves a rib cage here. I think this was on the male model. I am learning so much about my own body in this class and it is really cool. Like okay, this might sound really dumb, but I never really thought about how your rib cage is the ENTIRE part of your upper body. I mean, duh, I have always known where it is. Also how it separates way up high by your breast bone. Starting out in this class I never drew it that high.


This was last class (Wednesday, March 2) the female model. I accidentally made her look like a little chunker, but really she is not. She is very thin.


I think this was a minute gesture drawing also on Wednesday. The rib cage looks chaotic so just pretend it’s the bottom line of that and  the top line is a little closer to it, making it more eggy. And the farther away leg is abnormally long, but I got pretty close with the pelvis distance and I was happy with the shape of her thighs. I’m not really sure why because now analyzing it more I realize to anyone else, it really is not that good of a piece. But it’s good for me and that’s what counts.

Model got attitude in this one! Ok I don’t know if you can really see it in this, but you see in orange where Professor Fichter corrected where my leg should go in orange… I HAD it exactly like that!! Then I heard her correct a part on someone else’s so I quick tried to correct it on mine, but turns out I was right the first time! It made me really happy. I would like to go back and correct it more, but no time for that. This pose reminds me of a Greek statue pose and I like it.

Well, that’s 300- oh wait I went over the word amount. Uhh well, at least I have enough. Lo siento.

No comments:

Post a Comment